Peggy Piascik, Ph.D.
Peggy Piascik, Ph.D. is Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Science and Associate Chair for Professional Education Advancement at the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy in Lexington, Kentucky. Dr. Piascik holds a bachelor of science degree in pharmacy from Ohio Northern University and a Ph.D. in pharmacology from The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy.
An educator with over 30 years of experience in pharmacy education, Dr. Piascik is the author of more than 40 peer-reviewed publications, numerous book chapters and invited presentations. Her areas of teaching expertise include communication skills, dietary supplements, wellness and behavior modification, and women’s health therapeutics. Dr. Piascik’s research interest is curriculum development, assessment, and the scholarship of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Donald Brodie Scholar-in-Residence, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, 2009-2010
- Innovations in Teaching Award, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, 2002, 1998
- Senior Class Teaching Award, University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy, 1994, 1991, 1989, 1987
- University Great Teacher, campus-wide honor, University of Kentucky Alumni Association, 1991
- The Value of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Evaluation of Faculty for Promotion and Tenure. 2011 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting Teachers’ Seminar, San Antonio, TX, July 2011.
- Creating and Sustaining a Culture of Assessment in a School of Pharmacy with Eleanora Bird, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Institute, Snowbird UT and Lansdowne MD, June, 2007.
- Piascik P, Pittinger A, Soltis R, Schwartz L, Medina M, Bouldin A, Rose R, Scott S, Creekmore F and Hammer, D. An Evidence Basis for Assessing Excellence in Pharmacy Teaching. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 3(4):238-248; 2011.
- Piascik P, Bouldin A, Schwartz ,L Pittinger A, Medina M, Rose R, Soltis R, Scott S, Creekmore F and Hammer, D. Rewarding Excellence in Pharmacy Teaching. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 3(4):249-254; 2011.
- Piascik P and Brazeau G. Promoting a Culture of Academic Integrity. Am J Pharm Educ. 74(6): article 113, 2010.
- Piascik, P. and Bird, E. Creating and Sustaining a Culture of Assessment in a School of Pharmacy. Am J Pharm Educ. 72(5): article 97, 2008.
- Piascik P, Sorensen T, Stoner S, Madhavan S, TenHoeve T, and Bernard D. Gifts and Corporate Influence in Doctor of Pharmacy Education. Am J Pharm Educ. 71(4): article 68, 2007.