Heidi M. Anderson, Ph.D.
Dr. Heidi M. Anderson is Vice President for Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness at the University of Kentucky. She is a full professor in pharmacy and has served in the Provostís Office since 2006. Prior to her current appointment, she was Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs and Assistant Dean for Education Innovation, College of Pharmacy.
As an academic leader she has received several notable distinctions. In 2004, she received the honor of being selected as a Fellow in the charter class of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Academic Leadership Fellows program. The American Pharmacists Association (FAPhA) selected Dr. Heidi Anderson as a 2005 Fellow for outstanding service and leadership to the pharmacy profession. In 2006, she was selected and completed a leadership and management institute for women in higher education through the Higher Education Resource Services (HERS) program at Wellesley College. Finally, American Council on Education (ACE) selected Dr. Anderson to participate in the 2009 leadership forum for women administrators.
Dr. Anderson has over 20 years experience in teaching, learning, assessment and faculty development. She has served as principal and co-principal investigator, or project director on numerous research grants and contracts, and published or presented hundreds of papers. Dr. Heidi Anderson received her B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. from Purdue University.
- American Pharmacists Association Fellow(2005)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Academic Leadership Fellow (2004)
- University of Kentucky Circles of Power Women's Leadership Program (2004)
- University of Kentucky Teaching and Learning Center Advisory Board (2003)
- University of Kentucky U.S. Surgical Endowed Professorship in Pharmacy Administration (2002)
- Auburn University Provost's Enhancement and Faculty Recognition for Innovative Teaching (1998)
- Microsoft Innovators in Higher Education Challenge, Honorable Mention (1997)
- Auburn University School of Pharmacy, Teaching Portfolio Award (1996)
- University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy Academy of Students of Pharmacy Outstanding Chapter Advisor (1989)
- Albert B. Prescott/ Glaxo Leadership Award (1989)
Publications and Presentations
- Anderson , HM, Cain, J and Bird, E. "Online Student Course Evaluations: Review of Literature and A Pilot Study, American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, vol 69, no. 1, article 5, 2005 online at http://www.ajpe.org
- Bird, E., Anderson, H.M., Anaya, G. and Moore, D. "Beginning an Assessment Project: A Case Study Using A Data Audit and Content Analysis", American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (accepted for publication 2004-2005)
- Anderson , H.M., Bird, E., Anaya, G. and Moore, D. "Student Learning Outcomes Assessment", American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (accepted for publication 2005)
- "Moving Student Course Evaluation into the 21st Century: Results of Pilot Study". Poster at the Annual Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT, July 2004; Abstract: Anderson, HM, Bird, E., Cain, J and Aken, S. published on American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy website, July 2004.
- Standards, Assessment, and Learning in Pharmacy Education". Poster at Annual Meeting of American Association of Higher Education (AAHE), June 12-15, 2004; Anaya, G., Anderson, HM and Bird, E.
- Anderson, H.M., Anaya, G., Bird, E., and Moore, D. "A Review of Educational Assessment" American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education ", vol 69, no. 1, article 12 online at http://www.ajpe.org
- Anderson, HM . "Preface: A Methodological Series on Assessment, American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, vol 69, no. 1, article 11 online at http://www.ajpe.org
- *Cisneros, RM., Salisbury-Glennon, JD and Anderson-Harper, HM, "A Review of Problem-Based Learning Research in Pharmacy: A Call for Future Research". American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, vol. 66, 19-26., 2002.
- "Personal Digital Assistants and Computer Use: The Status at US Schools and Colleges of Pharmacy. Poster at Annual Meeting, Kansas City, MO, July 2002; Abstract: Smith, KM, Romanelli, F, Cain JJ, Stinchcomb A, Foster TS, Anderson-Harper, HM. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, 66:82S, 2002.
- Anderson-Harper, HM "Dealing with Boundary Violations", Journal of Pharmacy Teaching, v. 9, no. 3, 2002.
- "Education Pathways to Cultivate Future Academic Leadership - An Elective Course and Learning Certificate Program". Lubawy W., Anderson-Harper HM, Piascik MN, Romanelli, F. American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Poster at Annual Meeting, Kansas City, MO, July 2002; Abstract: American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, 66: 101S, 2002